donut pan, I started using it all the time. These are a nice basic baked donut recipe (perfect for those finicky preschoolers -- oh, and the rest of us). You can consider this your gateway baked donut.
Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
from Ina Garten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 TBs unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extractcinnamon sugar topping:
- 8 TBs (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir the wet mixture into the flour mixture.
2. Fill up your donut pan so that each donut is about 3/4 filled with batter. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes, and then tap the donuts out.
3. For the topping: Melt the 8 tablespoons butter in a small pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Dip each donut first in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar. You can do either one side or both sides of each donut.