strawberry rhubarb compote.
adapted from Food Network
In a bowl combine berries, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar. Let macerate and set aside.
- 2 cups blueberries
- zest from one lemon
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 450.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup half and half
- melted butter to brush shortcakes
- whipped cream
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 TB sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter, and then mix in half and half. Drop by large spoonfuls on a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Cool and then top with blueberry mixture and whipped cream.