Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberriesadapted from Food & Wine
1. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tb pure vanilla extract
- unsalted butter, for the griddle
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
2. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk, ricotta, sugar, and vanilla. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
3. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form (watch that you don't over-beat it!) Fold into the batter.
4. Butter your griddle. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle, being sure not to crowd your pancakes. Cook over medium-low heat for a couple of minutes, until bottoms are lightly golden. Press a few blueberries unto each pancake, and then flip. Cook a minute or so longer, until pancake is golden. Serve with maple syrup!
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberries
Over the last several weeks, Sarah and I have taken turns going on vacation. I visited the very lovely and blissfully cool and cloudy Oregon coast, while Sarah has been blazing through various Midwestern states. This has been great in many ways, but not so great for our blog which has been sadly neglected. We aim to post with greater frequency very soon! In the meantime, we offer up one of our new favorite breakfast treats.