Anyhow, this recipe fills the bill for summertime. Quinoa cooks quickly so you don’t need to slave over a hot stove. Everything else is fresh and delicious – requiring just a quick chop, then a stir into the warm quinoa.
Don’t forget your glass of icy Pastis.
Olive & Tomato Quinoa Salad
Cook quinoa as usual (add 2 cups water, simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all water is absorbed).
- 1 cup dry quinoa (cooked)
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped salty black olives
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella (we used bocconcini; the little balls)
- large handful chopped fresh basil
- scant 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- scant 1/3 cup olive oil
Coarsely chop cherry tomatoes, olives, fresh mozzarella, and basil. Set aside.
Whisk oil & vinegar together in liquid measuring cup or small bowl. Drizzle over the hot cooked quinoa and stir to combine. Wait until the quinoa is not too hot (you don’t want to melt the mozzarella), then stir in all the chopped veggies and herbs. Top with a pretty cherry tomato & sprig of basil and serve.