April Dinner Party Menu
- Lamb Sausage Patties with Fresh Mint, Feta, and Garlic from Bon Appetit
- Ricotta Gnudi with Asparagus in Lemon Truffle Sauce
- Stuffed Artichokes from Mediterranean Harvest
- Strawberry Rhubarb Tarts
- Cocktail: Tomate (pastis with grenadine)
The lamb sausage patties, while not gorgeous (note the suspicious lack of photos!), were so good and beyond easy. I was initially considering a leg of lamb or something a bit more grand, but I was won over by the great reviews of this recipe and the relatively inexpensive cost of ground lamb.
Lamb Sausage Patties with Fresh Mint, Feta, and Garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds cup ground lamb shoulder
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Place lamb in large bowl. Sprinkle garlic and salt over. Gently toss lamb to blend. Combine feta and mint in small bowl.
Divide lamb into 12 equal mounds. Using damp hands, shape each into ball. Working with 1 ball at a time, poke thumb into center to make hole. Press 1 teaspoon feta-mint filling into hole. Pinch hole closed, then press ball between palms to flatten into 3/4-inch-thick disk. Repeat with remaining lamb and feta-mint filling.
Preheat oven to 250°F. Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Working in 2 batches, cook lamb sausages until browned on both sides and cooked to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium. Transfer sausages to rimmed baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm. Serve hot.